Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe laughing dove and other poems is a collection that celebrates the natural world and our delicate place at the very edge of wilderness. Vern RL Head sees like a birdwatcher and his unique arrangements of words shape a wondrous fact: Nature waits in the everyday: The freshness of a pavement-city-tree; The smoothness of a rock in a stream of pain; The holes and hopes between the planted flowers of a garden; The thorns of light that make the Karoo; The sea and its need to find the land. Vern RL Head is an important, new poet. His poems are exuberant, romantic and revolutionary.
- Author BiographyVernon RL Head was born in 1967 in Cape Town, South Africa. He grew up in a bungalow near the sea and the gulls. He studied architecture, winning national and international awards for design and creative thinking. He is past chairman of BirdLife South Africa, one of Africa's biggest and most influential conservation organisations, and presently serves on the Advisory Board of the Percy Fitzpatrick Institute of African Ornithology (UCT). He is author of the critically acclaimed bestseller The search for the rarest bird in the world. When not writing, he is either designing special buildings or travelling the world looking for the rarest birds. This is his first collection of poetry.
- Author(s)Vernon R. L. Head
- PublisherStaging Post
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStaging Post
- Weight180 g
- Width130 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.