All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Leader of the Future 2 follows in the footsteps of the international bestseller The Leader of the Future, which has been translated into twenty-eight languages, and is one of the most widely distributed edited collections on leadership to date. In twenty-seven inspiring and insightful essays, this book celebrates the wisdom of some of the most recognized thought leaders of our day who share their unique vision of leadership for the future. Returning Contributors: Ken Blanchard with Dennis Carey, Stephen Covey, Marshall Goldsmith, Charles Handy, Sally Helgesen, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Jim Kouzes & Barry Posner, Richard Leider, Ed Schein, Peter Senge, and Dave Ulrich with Norm Smallwood. New Contributors: John Alexander, Darlyne Bailey, Howard Gardner with Lynn Barendsen, Usman Ghani, Ronald Heifetz, Joe Maciariello, Jan Masaoka, John Mroz, Brian O'Connell, Jeff Pfeffer, Ponchitta Pierce, Srikumar Rao, General Eric Shinseki, R. Roosevelt Thomas, Noel Tichy with Chris DeRose, and Tom Tierney. Hesselbein and Marshall Goldsmith, one of the USA's top executive coaches, edited the collection The Leader of the Future 2. Its 27 eloquent essays provide a kind of hopeful, idealistic best-case scenario for future leaders of n-profits and businesses. This is t a cookie-cutter, how-to approach. The job of the essayists is to provide food for thought and goals. The high quality of writing here should inspire anyone who has aspirations for leadership. -Bruce Rosenstein, USA Today
- Author BiographyFrances Hesselbein is the founding president and chairman of the Leader to Leader Institute, formerly the Peter F. Drucker Foundation for Nonprofit Management. She served as CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. She is the author of Hesselbein on Leadership, coeditor of twenty other books including Be, Know, Do, and the editor-in-chief of the journal Leader to Leader. Marshall Goldsmith has been recognized for his outstanding work in leadership and management by the American Management Association, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and The Economist. In addition to The Leader of the Future 2, Goldsmith is the author or coeditor of twenty-two books, including the upcoming What Got You Here Won't Get You There. The Leader to Leader Institute's mission is to strengthen the leadership of the social sector. Established in 1990 as the Peter F. Drucker Foundation for Nonprofit Management, the Institute, in collaboration with its partners in the private and public sectors, furthers its mission by providing social sector leaders with the essential leadership wisdom, inspiration, and resources needed to lead for innovation and to build vibrant social nonprofit organizations.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/09/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleJ-B Leader to Leader Institute/PF Drucker Foundation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFrances Hesselbein,Marshall Goldsmith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.