Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionA FREE MARKET APPROACH TO LEADERSHIP. A BOLD VISION FOR AMERICAN BUSINESSES. Hailed by Forbes magazine as one of the most important books of the year, John Allison's breakout bestseller The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure came as a much-needed wake-up call at a time when capitalism itself was under fire. Now the award-winning CEO applies his vast experience and insight to unlocking the key to our long-term ecomic and societal well-being: true leadership. If you are serious about pursuing your personal happiness, this book provides powerful insights. If you want to be a stronger, more effective leader, this book will show you how. If you believe in a healthy free market, one that's driven by individuals with new ideas, leaders with real vision, and employees with a clear sense of purpose, this book will give you the tools to make it happen. If you think the concepts of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness should motivate individual decision making, empower organizations, and drive public policy, this book will reaffirm your commitment to our nation's core values. Combining practical hands-on strategies with keen insights into public policy and business, John Allison reveals the fundamental principles he sees as critical to the success of any leader, to all organizations, and to the United States. He shows you how to create a vision of what your organization can be, how to inspire your employees with a purpose-driven mission, and how to develop strategies to make these goals a reality. He shares his personal story of growing BB&T into the tenth largest financial services holding company in the U.S. He demonstrates how the principles which lead to individual happiness are the foundation for organizational and societal well-being. Most importantly, Allison gives you the time-hored keys to self-leadership-the ability to lead yourself-the most valuable skill you will ever have. This is how true leaders lead. With vision, purpose, and values. With life and liberty. Are you ready to take the lead?
- Author BiographyJohn A. Allison is President and CEO of the Cato Institute. Previously he served for twenty years as Chairman and CEO of BB&T, one of the largest financial institutions in America. Allison is a former Distinguished Professor of Practice at Wake Forest University. He received a Lifetime Achievement Award from American Banker, was named one of the decade's top 100 most successful CEOs in the world by Harvard Business Review, and is the recipient of six honorary doctorate degrees.
- Author(s)John A. Allison
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight437 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.