Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a remarkable range of poems in The Leaf-Ride as it travels along in its 'down-welling, up-welling drift': poems that range from the power of a single word to the horror of violence to the joy of a newborn child. At the heart of the book are three sequences to stand alongside those that have formed the backbone of Dinah Hawken's acclaimed oeuvre: a contemplative poem written beside Lake Geneva; the 'Building Sonnets', which observe the construction of a new room; and 'Peace on Earth', which was commissioned to accompany a performance of Haydn's Seven Last Words of Our Saviour on the Cross.
- Author BiographyDinah Hawken is the author of It Has No Sound and Is Blue ; Oh There You Are Tui ; One Shapely Thing ; Small Stories of Devotion ; and Water, Leaves, Stones.
- PrizesShortlisted for New Zealand Post Book Awards: Poetry 2012.
- Author(s)Dinah Hawken
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight155 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.