All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Learned Banqueters , Athenaeus describes a series of dinner parties at which the guests quote extensively from Greek literature. The work (which dates to the very end of the second century CE) is amusing reading and of extraordinary value as a treasury of quotations from works w lost. Athenaeus also preserves a wide range of information about different cuisines and foodstuffs; the music and entertainments that ornamented banquets; and, the intellectual talk that was the heart of Greek conviviality. S. Douglas Olson has undertaken to produce a complete new edition of the work, replacing the previous Loeb Athenaeus (published under the title Deipsophists).
- Author BiographyS. Douglas Olson is Distinguished McKnight University Professor of Classical and Near Eastern Studies, University of Minnesota.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2010
- Series TitleLoeb Classical Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 327
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoeb Classical Library
- Weight295 g
- Width108 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.