All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you looking for ideas, advice and guidance to make you an effective Learning Mentor? This practical book is designed to help those new to the Learning Mentor role avoid common pitfalls, and to help those with more experience to develop their skills. Written by an expert practitioner, the book includes: - step-by-step advice on how to be a good Learning Mentor - guidance on working with school management teams, teachers and parents - advice on how to provide effective student support - case studies to illustrate best practice - suggested strategies for monitoring and evaluating interventions - templates to use and adapt - substantial electronic resource materials available from the SAGE website to use with the book. An inspiring read for all primary and secondary Learning Mentors and trainee Learning Mentors, this book is relevant to anyone involved with student support and pastoral care. Stephanie George is a teacher and manager of the Learning Support Unit at Plashet School, East London where she is responsible for the training of learning mentors.
- Author BiographyStephanie George is a teacher and manager of the Learning Support Unit at Plashet School, East London where she is responsible for the training of learning mentors.
- Author(s)Stephanie George
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures
- Weight399 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.