All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.16
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.92Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $19.27Trending at AU $24.03
About this product
- DescriptionIt's happened to all of us. We end up in a situation where we feel inadequate and overwhelmed. Contentedly serving in Relief Society and smug with the kwledge that her present calling prevents her from substituting in Primary, Marideth Williams is suddenly thrust into this very situation when the Bishop calls her into his office and asks her to teach the three-year-old Sunbeams. Unhappily, she accepts the calling. Teaching Sunbeams turns out to be more difficult than Marideth anticipated. Each child presents Mari with a different set of challenges. Precocious and opinionated Kathaleena never hesitates to point out Mari's mistakes. On the other end of the spectrum is Richard. He can't even prounce his own name and speaks in gibberish. The other three children in the class also have their own eccentricities which leave Mari feeling both frustrated and inadequate. To make matters worse, Mari discovers that her teenage son is struggling spiritually. Can she find a way to help the children in her class and her son as well? You will find yourself laughing, rejoicing, and sometimes crying, as Mari discovers what it really means to love someone.
- Author BiographyKimberly Hicken is the mother of eight children who are usually delightful and occasionally embarrassing. Contrary to what she says, she actually enjoys being around kids and appreciates their enthusiasm for life. She teaches high school English at a juvenile correctional facility where she claims to be the meanest teacher her students have ever had. Her first book, The Least of These, is based on some of her own experiences as a mother and primary teacher, along with a good dose of her own imagination. On rare occasions, Kimberly is accused of being just a tad sarcastic. She has no idea why anyone would ever say that. She currently lives in rural Nevada in a town so small that two cars on the same street are considered a traffic jam.
- Author(s)Kimberly Hicken
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lawana Lebaron
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.