All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of the Lally family between 1818 and 1848. It could just as easily be your story if you have ancestors who were among over a million people who left the beautiful and tragic land of Ireland in the 1840s. This family lived in the Loughrea area, County Galway, Ireland, and their story is similar to that of so many Irish families as they struggled against the odds, were overwhelmed by the tragedy of the Great Famine, and were forced to leave their beloved homeland. This book explores how the Irish lived at this time, how they thought, and the reasons for their situation in Ireland. It brings together the many strands of Irish society and the ecomics, politics, and philosophy that dominated their lives. It describes the terrible journeys that members of the family undertook to reach England, America, Canada, and Australia.
- Author(s)Stephen Lally
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight282 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.