All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the Daniell-Riesz approach, this text presents the Lebesgue integral at a level accessible to an audience familiar only with limits, derivatives and series. Employing such minimal prerequisites allows for greatly increased curricular flexibility for course instructors, as well as providing undergraduates with a gateway to the powerful modern mathematics of functions at a very early stage. The book's topics include: the definition and properties of the Lebesgue integral; Banach and Hilbert spaces; integration with respect to Borel measures, along with their associated L2(mu) spaces; bounded linear operators; and the spectral theorem. The text also describes several applications of the theory, such as Fourier series, quantum mechanics, and probability.
- Author BiographyWilliam Johnston is Professor of Mathematics at Butler University, Indiana. His publications include articles on operator theory and functional analysis, and the undergraduate textbooks A Transition to Advanced Mathematics: A Survey Course (with Alex McAllister) and An Introduction to Statistical Inference.
- Author(s)William Johnston
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- Series TitleMathematical Association of America Textbooks
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.