All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.25
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $53.94
About this product
- DescriptionPercy Jackson fans will embrace this humorous time travel adventure, the first in a series, about an iPhone malfunction that sends three kids back to 1776 in time to rescue George Washington. On Christmas Day, Mel finds General George Washington lying dead as a doornail in a stable. But Mel kws that George Washington must cross the Delaware River, or the course of American history will be changed forever. Could Mel s iPhone have sent him back in time to 1776? And can Mel and his schoolmates, kw-it-all Bev and laid-back Brandon, come to the rescue? Perhaps, with a little help from two colonial kids and Benjamin Franklin himself. Debut velist David Potter cleverly combines time travel, humor, and American history in this fast-paced adventure. For American Revolution enthusiasts, there's information about historical reenactments, additional reading, and websites. Praise for THE LEFT BEHINDS: THE IPHONE THAT SAVED GEORGE WASHINGTON Sequel, anyone? Let s hope so, because the concept of bringing an iPhone into the past is just too cool to stop at one episode This is Magic Tree House all grown up, and kids who once loved that time travel conceit will be delighted all over again. The Bulletin of the Center for Children s Books A skillful blend of humor, history, mystery, and adventure makes for a fun, fast-paced tale that will leave readers a little wiser. School Library Journal History and humor collide. Booklist A new twist on time travel. Kirkus Reviews From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyDavid Potter developed a love for American history as a boy growing up near Morristown, New Jersey, where George Washington spent the winters of 1777 and 1779. He was inspired to write The Left Behinds while taking his children to the annual Christmas reenactment of Washington s Crossing the Delaware. He lives in Pennington, New Jersey, with his wife and two sons. You can visit David online at davidpotterbooks.com, on Facebook, and on Twitter at @DPotterBooks.
- Author(s)Francis W Kelsey Collegiate Professor of Greek and Roman History and Arthur F Thurnau Professor of Greek and Latin David Potter
- PublisherCrown Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleLeft Behinds
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Books for Young Readers
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.