All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionThere were ten thousand of them (a Myriad) gathered out in the desert. They were waiting for the return of Jasper Kell (A Vigil). They had somehow gotten the ideas that: Jasper Kell was born of the desert to a gay man; that he possessed a sense of Auravision; that he had cured his own blindness; and that he had brought a dead man back to life. Moreover, they thought he had become an eagle, and that he was going to fly down from the mountaintop to become their savior. Wherever did they get such ideas? Whoever would tell such stories? Joe Dixon. It all started back in 1957, on that selfsame desert, on a night of shooting stars and Maria Callas.... Their story, combined with those of their friends, offers up a stalgic (for some) and historical look at being all-out gay in West Hollywood in the 80s.
- Author BiographyDaniel McVay is the author of The Baggy-Kneed Camel Blues, Fete, The Vanilla Kid and Oddities: Stories & Verse. He is a native of Los Angeles, CA.
- Author(s)Daniel McVay
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.