Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionIn Judicial Deliberations: A Comparative Analysis of Judicial Transparency and Legitimacy (2004), the American-French scholar Mitchel Lasser has, among other things, tried to re-establish the strengths of the French cassation system. Using Lasser's approach and ideas as a starting point for this book, judges from the French, Belgian and Dutch Cassation Courts reflect on the challenges that their Courts are facing. Specific attention is also given to the Strasbourg Court on Human Rights, that has been so important for the moral legitimacy of the European legal order, and to courts in post-communist systems, which face many similar challenges and are under even greater pressure to modernise. The book is a multidisciplinary contribution to the international debate about the legitimacy of highest courts' rulings, the concept of judicial leadership, and offers a new perspective in the USA-versus-Europe debate.
- Author BiographyNick Huls holds the Chair for socio-legal studies at Erasmus University Rotterdam and Leiden University. He is program leader of the interdisciplinary research group in the field of the judiciary at Erasmus University, and an expert in the field of consumer bankruptcy, legal aid and regulation. Maurice Adams is professor of law at the University of Antwerp, professor of law at Tilburg University and part-time professor of comparative law at the University of Antwerp. His research focuses on issues of regulation and the relationship between law and politics. He has written extensively on the regulation of euthanasia, and on law and democracy. Jacco Bomhoff is a lecturer at the Law Department of the London School of Economics and Political Science. His main research interest is in 20th century legal intellectual history, in particular in the areas of comparative law and conflict of laws.
- PublisherT.M.C. Asser Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationThe Hague
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintT.M.C. Asser Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight923 g
- Width160 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byJacco Bomhoff,Maurice Adams,Nick Huls
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.