Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Leroy Tree takes us on the journey of a young girl who, in an attempt to find a way out of an alcoholic, abusive family, finds herself in a much worse predicament: pregnant at thirteen. With one to save her and her young son but herself, she begins the long climb back up the mountain of shame and guilt-built by her mother and others-by using her dream of getting an education as a climber's axe to pull her up. Along the way, she meets a number of people, some good, some t so good, who netheless inspire and encourage her to continue her journey. Her focus stays on her goal, t on the obstacles, which appear before her all too frequently. She refuses to allow those obstacles to become excuses to give up; rather, she looks at them as lessons to strengthen her resolve to continue her journey. She refuses to allow her family history to be her destiny. A must read for all at-risk teens and their parents. With fierce determination, she creates a new life for herself. She joins the U.S. Navy and finds her perfect career and a new and loving husband. Fortified with a transformed spirit, she returns to Dallas to complete the final step of her plan: to regain custody of her son, the person who matters the most to her. In the writing of this memoir, Anna uses her astonishing ability to find purpose in the tragedy in her life. Refusing to be a victim, she transforms those tragic events into ingredients for a complex recipe: a recipe far beyond survival, a recipe for success. This is a truly inspiring read for all adults, and perhaps, at-risk teens. It is an honest depiction of what perseverance and determination can accomplish, regardless of the obstacles.
- Author BiographyAnna Manning grew up in Dallas, Texas. She joined the U.S. Navy and was medically retired with Meniere's syndrome. Using her veterans' benefits, she attended Mississippi State University for a Bachelor of Science degree and, later, the University of Texas at Dallas for both a Master in Business Administration and a Master of Science. She is a former C.P.A. and currently lives in the hill country outside of New Braunfels, Texas, with her family.
- Author(s)Anna Manning
- PublisherPhyrstbook Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhyrstbook Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.