All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Less Dust, the More Trust presents the story of the author's participation in the Shamatha Project, addressing Buddhism, shamatha mindfulness practices (concentration-calm), and meditation-research. With diary excerpts, dream log, and audio transcripts she gives the reader a feel for her personal experiences. The current research outcomes of this unique ongoing project are reported, focusing on the effects of the various practices in attention and emotion regulation, and on health. They include groundbreaking findings of effects down to the chromosome level. The practice 'Settling the mind in its natural state' invites wonder: what is this natural state? Each chapter includes a guided meditation. The book is structured in a way that it can provide the reader with various threads. It can be read as an overview of the Shamatha Project, meditation and science. Additionally, it can be read as an exploration into Buddhist studies, with a focus on psychological and scientific understanding of meditation. Most importantly: the book can support a personal journey for the reader in practicing shamatha meditations, and experiencing increasing well-being.
- Author BiographyAdeline van Waning MD PhD, a Dutch psychiatrist with an MA in Buddhist Studies, integrates her expertise by giving meditation guidance and working hospice care.
- Author(s)Adeline van Waning
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMantra Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.