All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Edinburgh International Book Festival's First Book Award. 'A truly original and enthralling vel. Ivor Punch is a magnificent creation and his story is mischievous, sad, funny and truthful' - Stephen Kelman, BOOKER-SHORTLISTED author of PIGEON ENGLISH All islands have their secrets. This one has more than most. When Fingal McMillan rows out into the Atlantic never to return, his grandson Alexander is left with questions. What really happened to Alexander's mother? Was his grandfather trying to reach The Looming, a rock of local myth? And why have mysterious words appeared on the cliff by the bay? Alexander is t the only local boy whose origins are clouded by mystery - a mystery which stretches back to Victorian times, when a pioneering travel writer alighted on distant Scottish shores. But will the island give up its secrets? Or will Ivor Punch - the man who links the past to the present - take them to the grave?
- Author BiographyColin MacIntyre is an award-winning musician who has written and produced six albums to date, having achieved two Top 20 albums under the name Mull Historical Society. He has been voted Scotland's Top Creative Talent and has toured worldwide, including with The Strokes, Elbow and REM, and has played all the major festivals. He has performed live on Radio 4, 6Music, Radio 1, Radio 2, LATER WITH JOOLS HOLLAND and THE JONATHAN ROSS SHOW, among many others. He is the co-author of a Radio 4 Afternoon Play, and has collaborated with Tony Benn and Irvine Welsh. His newest musical project is INK, an enigmatic electro-pop collaboration, of which the GUARDIAN has said, 'Perfect without being too box-ticking. INK is going to be massive.' Born into a family of writers and storytellers, Colin grew up on the isle of Mull in the Hebrides but now lives in London.
- PrizesWinner of Edinburgh International Book Festival First Book Award 2015.
- Author(s)Colin MacIntyre
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Weight438 g
- Width147 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.