All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis nine-volume selection from the letters of Queen Victoria, with ancillary material, was commissioned by her son, Edward VII, and published between 1907 and 1932, with a gap of almost twenty years between the third and fourth volumes. The editors of the first three volumes, the poet and writer A. C. Benson (1862-1925) and the second Viscount Esher (1852-1930), administrator and courtier, decided that the plan for the selection of letters from the thousands available should be to publish 'such documents as would serve to bring out the development of the Queen's character and disposition, and to give typical instances of her methods in dealing with political and social matters'. Volume 1 contains introductory chapters about the Queen's early life, and letters to and from the young princess, continuing through her accession, coronation, courtship and marriage, and ending in 1843.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - British and Irish History, 19th Century
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight870 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byA. C. Benson,Queen of Great Britain
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.