All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume Two covers the early years of his editorship of The Criterion (the periodical that Eliot launched with Lady Rothermere's backing in 1922), publication of The Hollow Men and the course of Eliot's thinking about poetry and poetics after The Waste Land . The correspondence charts Eliot's intellectual journey towards conversion to the Anglican faith in 1927, as well as his transformation from banker to publisher, ending with his appointment as a director of the new publishing house of Faber & Gwyer, in late 1925, and the appearance of Poems 1909-1925 , Eliot's first publication with the house with which he would be associated for the rest of his life. It was partly because of Eliot's profoundly influential work as cultural commentator and editor that the correspondence is so prolific and so various, and Volume Two of the Letters fully demonstrates the emerging continuities between poet, essayist, editor and letter-writer.
- Author BiographyThomas Stearns Eliot was born in St Louis, Missouri, in 1888. He came to England in 1914 and published his first book of poems in 1917. He received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1948. Eliot died in 1965. Valerie Eliot edited T. S. Eliot: The Waste Land, a Facsimile & Transcript of the Original Drafts (1971) and The Letters of T. S. Eliot, Volume 1: 1898-1922 (1988), Volume 2: 1923-1925 (2009) and Volume 3: 1926-1927 (2011).
- Author(s)T. S. Eliot
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Series TitleLetters of T. S. Eliot
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Note16pp b&w photographs
- Weight1520 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Edited byValerie Eliot
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.