All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fully revised and expanded new edition of the favorite Modern Standard Arabic study series. This three-part course in Modern Standard Arabic for n-native speakers approaches the language through a series of themed topics - daily life in the Arab world, politics and governance, literature and the arts, science and medicine, astromy - concentrates principally on listening and speaking skills. In each section, vocabulary is built up as various linguistic structures and strategies are introduced and practiced in a clear introduction to Arabic grammar. A CD accompanies Volume 1, and in addition to a full glossary of vocabulary items at the end of each volume (with meanings in both English and French), a supplementary dictionary, al-Mu'jam al-musa'id, gives a complete key to the vocabulary of all three books in four languages: English, French, German, and Spanish. Comprehensive and easily digestible, varied and informative, these books make an ideal basis for a classroom-based course in Arabic anywhere in the world.
- Author BiographyEl Said Badawi is professor of Arabic at the Arabic Language Institute of the American University in Cairo, and the co-editor of A Dictionary of Egyptian Arabic.
- Author(s)Abdellatif Abid
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- LanguageEnglish & Multiple languages
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight771 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.