Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you have to take on the White House there's only one woman to call - Jo Beckett. When a rock singer is killed onstage during a concert, Jo Beckett is called in to perform a psychological autopsy. But Tasia McFarland's death causes Jo all kinds of problems, because Tasia is the ex-wife of the President of the United States. The White House pressures Jo to declare Tasia's death an accident rather than a suicide. The media and conspiracy nuts rant that Tasia was kcked off to silence her, for unkwn reasons. Fringe extremists seethe about taking direct action to save America from the president and his administration. Jo learns that an obsessed fan was apparently stalking Tasia. The stalker may have killed her and escaped in the panic at the concert. As the media and conspiracy frenzy grows, the White House leans harder on Jo to close the case. When she won't, Gabe Quintana finds his military orders suddenly changed, and he's called up to active duty in Afghanistan...in 72 hours. Jo discovers the identity of the stalker. It's someone who's obsessed with Tasia's new boyfriend, a famous country singer. Jo calls the police but she's too late. The stalker stabs the singer to death. The police kill the stalker. The case seems to have come to a spectacular conclusion. But Jo doesn't think the stalker murdered Tasia; the facts don't add up. She fears that Tasia was killed for other reasons. And she's nervous, because the President is coming to San Francisco to attend Tasia's memorial service...
- Author BiographyMeg Gardiner is originally from Southern California, where she practiced law and taught at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She is the author of five Evan Delaney novels as well as the first Jo Beckett thriller, The Dirty Secrets Club, described by Jeffery Deaver as A winner all the way. She lives with her family near London.
- Author(s)Meg Gardiner
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlue Door
- Weight330 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.