All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Todd-Bath Iron Shipbuilding Co. was formed in South Portland, Maine, in 1940, followed by the South Portland Shipbuilding Corp. in 1942. This book details the formation of the two shipyards, and the congressional investigation of South Portland's operation that resulted in the merger of both companies into the New England Shipbuilding Corporation in April, 1943. Included is a list of all 2,710 Liberty ships delivered by U.S. shipyards, giving each ship's namesake and detailed descriptions of the companies that built the ships and the steamship companies that operated them during the war. Also featured is the Jeremiah O'Brien. Built by New England Ship in 1943 and one of only two operational Liberty ships left in the world, its service history and crew information are given along with its, postwar restoration and return to Normandy in 1994.
- Author BiographyGreg H. Williams served four years in the Navy, two of them at sea. In 1994, he was one of 27 volunteer crew members who made the entire voyage on the SS Jeremiah O'Brien from San Francisco to Europe for the 50th anniversary of the Normandy Invasion. He lives near Noti, Oregon.
- Author(s)Greg H. Williams
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.