All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning social scientist and Harvard Ph.D. Bella DePaulo has been studying the psychology of deceiving and detecting deceit for decades. The Lies We Tell and the Clues We Miss is a collection of six of her most influential professional papers: 1. Lying in Everyday Life. 2. Who Lies? 3. Everyday Lies in Close and Casual Relationships 4. Truth and Investment: Lies Are Told to Those Who Care 5. Nonverbal Behavior and Self-Presentation 6. Cues to Deception The papers are the original reports of research and theory widely cited in other scholarly papers as well as in the national media.
- Author BiographyBella DePaulo (PhD, Harvard) has authored more than 100 scholarly publications, many of them on the topics of deception and nonverbal communication, and is one of the foremost academic experts in the field. She has contributed both original empirical work on the communication of deception, and important review papers. DePaulo's work on deception has been described in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and many other major national and international newspapers. It has also been reported in magazines such as Time, The New York Times Magazine, the New Yorker, Readers' Digest, and U.S. News and World Report. Dr. DePaulo has appeared as an expert on deception on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CNBC, PBS, the BBC, and the Discovery Channel. She has also lectured nationally and internationally. She has addressed criminal attorneys, physicists, judges, and mental health practitioners. She was an invited speaker at a NATO Advanced Study Institute on credibility assessment, she directed a seminar and workshop for the Advanced Studies Institute for Polygraphers (in Charlottesville, Virginia), and she was an invited participant in The Science of Deception: Integration of Theory and Practice, co-sponsored by the intelligence community (CIA, FBI, etc.), the RAND Corporation, and the American Psychological Association. Bella DePaulo is also an expert on the place of people who are single in society and in science. She is the author of Singled Out: How Singles Are Stereotyped, Stigmatized, and Ignored, and Still Live Happily Ever After.
- Author(s)Bella Depaulo Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.