All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe legendary seventeenth-century swordsman Yagyu Muneri was the sword instructor and military and political adviser to two shoguns--and was a rival to the great Miyamoto Musashi. Despite his martial ability and his political power, Muneri spent his life immersed in Zen teachings and practice. These teachings formed the framework for his deeply spiritual approach to sword fighting; Muneri saw in the practice of the sword a way to transform the student into a total human being. <i>The Life-Giving Sword</i> is Muneri's manifesto on his approach. His central themes are the Life-Giving Sword --the idea of controlling one's opponent by spiritual readiness to fight rather than by actual fighting--and No Sword, which is the idea that the mind must be free of everything, even the sword itself, in order to get to the place of complete mastery. Muneri's ideas are essential reading for martial artists of all kinds and can be applied to business and human relations as well.
- Author BiographyWilliam Scott Wilson is the foremost translator into English of traditional Japanese texts on samurai culture. His best-selling translations include <i>Hagakure</i> and <i>The Book of Five Rings</i>.
- Author(s)Yagyu Munenori
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2012
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width134 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.