All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Life Preserver Diet(R) offers a lifeline to those struggling with their weight. As the first book to package easy-to-follow tips and guidelines with an online food-tracking aid, The Life Preserver Diet: - informs you of the common challenges to healthy eating in our daily lives; - offers constructive guidelines for losing weight while following a healthy, nutritionist-designed program; - provides step-by-step instructions for keeping track of meals with the Personal Food-Tracking Device(R) (PFD); - entertains with an upbeat narrative tone and colorful, real-life anecdotes.
- Author BiographyMarcia Berlin is a registered dietitian, a professional speaker, a cancer survivor, a working mom, a fitness instructor and a former professional dancer. As the onsite dietitian at DeKalb Medical Center's Wellness Center in Decatur, Ga., she offered diet and nutrition advice to thousands of people. As a popular public speaker and the Atlanta Regional Commission's health and wellness specialist, she gives about 20 speeches a year on health issues. And as a breast cancer survivor and pioneer among cancer gene carriers for preventative surgery (double mastectomy/hysterectomy), she knows firsthand the value of good health and the importance of choosing a healthy lifestyle. Over the past decade, Berlin has earned a reputation as an engaging and dynamic public speaker. She wins over her audiences with her enthusiasm and illustrates her message with creative demonstrations - often charming audience members into acting as genes, blood cells or sandwich makers. Health administrators and corporate event organizers know to call on Berlin for lively, enlightening presentations. Consulting author Deborah Geering is a professional writer and editor with a special interest in food writing. After 15 years in newspapers as a copy editor, supervisory editor and section editor, she launched a freelance reporting career in 2001. For eight years, she wrote weekly food articles for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's award-winning food section, often creating and testing the accompanying recipes and styling them for photographs. Currently, she is a contributing editor to Atlantamagazine.com, where she writes a weekly blog about local food. A veteran vegetarian, Deborah has developed and produced a bimonthly vegetarian cooking column called The Veggie Life. She has been published in magazines including People, Cooking Light, Health Executive, and Georgia Magazine, as well as other outlets including USAToday.com, Fodor's travel books, and The Boston Globe. A daily devotee of her local YMCA, she has collaborated with co-author Marcia Berlin on newspaper articles about nutrition and healthy lifestyles.
- Author(s)R D L D Marcia Berlin
- PublisherMarcia Berlin Productions
- Date of Publication28/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarcia Berlin Productions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.