The Life Skills: 225 Ready-to-use Health Activities for Success and Well-being (Grades 6-12) by Sandra McTavish (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.68Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife Skills is a practical resource that gives teachers 225 ready-to-use worksheets that cover a wide variety of key life skills. The book addresses topics such as drug and alcohol use, sex, relationships, stress, food-related issues, and self-esteem. Life Skills is an easy-to-use, time-saving book that is designed for grades 6-12 and helpful for both new and seasoned teachers. For quick access and easy use, the worksheets are organized into eight sections and are printed in a large 8 1/2 x 11 format that folds flat for photocopying.Here's an overview of what you'll find in each section: Drugs, Alcohol, and Smoking - Trends in smoking, second-hand smoke, reasons why people smoke and ways to help people quit, facts about drug use, the classification of different drugs, alcoholism, fetal alcohol syndrome, as well as drinking and driving; Sex and Sex-Related Issues - Male and female sex organs, why people have sex, facts and myths, birth control, options after getting pregnant, sexually transmitted diseases, homosexuality, infertility options, sexual harassment, and date rape; and, Love, Relationships, Marriage, and Family - The role of friends in our lives, negative aspects of cliques, dating and love, love and infatuation, qualities in an ideal mate, problems in marriage, why marriages end, family life cycles, and ntraditional families. It also includes sections: Life Skills: High and low self-esteem, long and short range goals, learning assertive behavior, dealing with difficult people, conflict resolution, what makes a good leader, effective communication and time management skills, and problems with violence; Stress - What makes you stressed?, reactions to stress, coping with stress, suicide, death, and dying; Food and Food Related Issues - Improving eating habits, the food pyramid, information about calories, water, vitamins, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, fat, additives, and eating disorders; Kw Your Body and Body Image - Body image and type, the functions of differnet organs, body parts, body systems and termilogy, viruses and bacteria, basic first aid, diagsing and solving emergency problems, fitness habits, and four components of fitness; And, Self Esteem and Kwing Yourself - Favorite things, handwriting, personality type, birth order, highs and lows, and five senses.
- Author BiographySandra McTavish holds a Master of Science in Education from Canisius College in Buffalo, New York. She teaches English part-time at Humber College and is currently on leave from her position teaching English at Southwood Secondary School in Cambridge, Ontario, while she writes educational resource material at the Baxter Group.
- Author(s)Sandra McTavish
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight775 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.