Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and authorised biographical companion to the works of Agatha Christie covering books, films, TV and plays - revised and updated edition. Agatha Christie was the author of over 100 plays, short story collections and vels which have been translated into 103 languages; she is outsold only by the Bible and Shakespeare. Many have tried to copy her but ne has succeeded. Attempts to capture her personality on paper, to discover her motivations or the reasons for her popularity, have usually failed. Charles Osborne, a lifelong student of Agatha Christie, has approached this most private of persons above all through her books, and the result is a fascinating companion to her life and work. This 'professional life' of Agatha Christie provides authoritative information on each book's provenance, on the work itself and on its contemporary critical reception set against the background of the major events in the author's life. Illustrated with many rare photographs, this comprehensive guide to the world of Agatha Christie has been fully updated to include details of all the publications, films and TV adaptations in the 25 years since her death.
- Author BiographyCharles Osborne was born in Brisbane in 1927. He is known internationally as an authority on opera, and has written a number of books on musical and literary subjects. He is addicted to crime fiction and recently adapted Agatha Christie's plays Black Coffee and The Unexpected Guest into novels.
- Author(s)Charles Osborne
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/07/2000
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note68 b/w plates (32pp), Index
- Weight330 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.