All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis compilation, taken from Jonathan Edwards's edited versions of David Brainerd's Diary and Journal , offers a highly readable record of the life and labors of David Brainerd as he presented the gospel to American Indians in the face of many obstacles, both the external challenges of life in what was still the frontier of eighteenth-century America, and internal battles as he persevered through bouts of depression during his short but fruitful life. David Brainerd (1718-1747) was an early American missionary to the American Indians in New York, New Jersey, and eastern Pennsylvania. Christians all over the world continue to be inspired by his life of self-denial, his sincere and strenuous labor on behalf of others, and his devotion to prayer.
- Author BiographyJonathan Edwards (1703-1758) was an American Puritan theologian, preacher and prolific author. When Brainerd died at the age of 29, Jonathan Edwards preached the funeral sermon and published the diary which David had kept.
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJonathan Edwards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.