All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Life and Times of Benjamin Wiggins, M.D., the prequel to Medical Grail, Ben Wiggins, an irascible octogenarian, pits his wits and spunk against a group of private doctors and administrators who seize an opportunity to use tax funds to purchase a CT scanner for their tiny hospital. Outraged by their brazen attempt to rip-off the community, Ben igres their threats of lawsuits and libelous assaults while fighting them in the press and in Town Hall. Evelyn Cooper, his companion and confidant, and Peter Henry, a lifelong friend, join him in his battle to expose the hoax that will double the cost of heathcare to the poor citizens of Whitney, a small, poor town in the middle of Arizona's Soran Desert.
- Author BiographyRaymond C. Andrews is an American born physician who graduated from the University of Bologna Medical School in Italy in 1970. In the late 1970s he entered private practice in California and wrote a popular series of articles on health care for the Bakersfield Californian. Other articles and comments of his have appeared in the New England Journal of Medicine, the Bergen Record, and Private Practice. In 1984 he returned to Italy to participate in the newly established 911 emergency system. After twenty-five years of medical practice on two continents, and with the regrettable certainty that patient care has taken a back seat to bureaucracy, in 1995 he accepted a position with the United States Public Health Service and was a director of a Navajo clinic on their reservation in northeastern Arizona. He was also director of the clinic's Emergency Medical Services and a director of the National Native American Emergency Medical Services Association.
- Author(s)Raymond C Andrews M D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.