All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe Life of Adam and Eve once belonged to the most popular literature in the Christian world. Retelling the Genesis 3 story, it gives an elaborate description of Adam's death and his assumption to Paradise in the third heaven. His continued existence, as well as his future resurrection, are as much a paradigm for humanity as his transgression, condemnation and death. For a long time attention was focused on the Greek and Latin versions only. More recently, editions of Georgian and Armenian versions have become available, occupying a middle position between the Greek and the Latin. This new material w makes it necessary to sort out the relationships between less than five clearly related but in many respects different documents. Taken together they present a complex but interesting mosaic of reflections on the human plight, inspired by the Genesis story.
- Author BiographyMarinus de Jonge is Emeritus Professor of New Testament and Early Christian Literature at the University of Leiden. Johannes Tromp is Lecturer in Literature and History of Judaism (200 BCE-200 CE), at the University of Leiden.
- Author(s)Johannes Tromp,M. De Jonge,Marinus De Jonge
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleGuides to the Apocryphia & Pseudepigraphia
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight133 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.