All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first complete English-language life story of Longchenpa (1308-1364), one of the greatest masters in the history of Tibetan Buddhism. Compiled from numerous Tibetan and Bhutanese sources, including Longchenpa's autobiography and stories of his previous lives and subsequent rebirths, The Life of Longchenpa weaves an inspiring and captivating tale of wonder and magic, of extraordinary visions and spiritual insight, set in the kingdoms of fourteenth-century Tibet and Bhutan. It also reveals for the first time fascinating details of his ten years of self-exile in Bhutan, stories that were unkwn to his Tibetan biographers. Rewned as a peerless teacher, dedicated practitioner, and unparalleled scholar, Longchenpa thoroughly studied and mastered every one of the many Buddhist vehicles and lineages of teachings existing in Tibet at his time. Through his radiant intellect and meditative accomplishment, in both his teachings and written works, he was able to reconcile the seeming discrepancies and contradictions between the various presentations of the view and the path within the many lineages of transmission. His written works are also famous for being able to transfer true blessings just by reading or hearing his enlightened words. A lyrical introduction by Venerable Yangthang Tulku Rinpoche on the significance of Longchenpa and the importance of his birth and teachings; an essay by the late Khenpo Shenga (1871-1927), In Praise of Longchenpa; plentiful illustrations; and a comprehensive glossary round out this compelling tale.
- Author BiographyJAMPA MACKENZIE STEWART is a lay practitioner of the Nyingma and Kagyu lineages. His works include The Life of Gampopa and over fifty published articles on Buddhist and Taoist practice, qigong, and Chinese medicine. An acupuncturist, writer, teacher, and healer, he lives in the mountains of Crestone, Colorado.
- Author(s)Jampa Mackenzie Stewart
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSnow Lion Publications
- Content Note37 Illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.