Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe Light Princess, the princess who lost her gravity, has enchanted readers for generations. A young princess is cursed, at her christening, to have gravity by the uninvited Princess Makemit, sister to the King and a spiteful and bitter woman. As a result the princess is in constant danger of being blown away by the wind. An enchanting tale, The Light Princess is one of George MacDonald's most loved stories. MacDonald himself said, I write, t for children, but for the child-like, whether they be of five, or fifty, or seventy-five. He inspired C.S. Lewis, Lewis Carroll and Tolkin. This edition preserves the authentic text as George MacDonald intended.
- Author BiographyGeorge MacDonald's best-known works are Phantastes, The Princess and the Goblin, At the Back of the North Wind, and Lilith, all fantasy novels, and fairy tales such as The Light Princess, The Golden Key, and The Wise Woman. I write, not for children, he wrote, but for the child-like, whether they be of five, or fifty, or seventy-five. MacDonald also served as a mentor to Lewis Carroll. It was MacDonald's advice, and the enthusiastic reception of Alice by MacDonald's many sons and daughters, that convinced Carroll to submit Alice for publication.
- Author(s)George MacDonald
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Heather Bailey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.