All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully illustrated edition of a vel that has enthralled young American readers for generations. It is the story of John Cameron Butler - captured as a small child in a raid on the Pennsylvania frontier by the Indian tribe Lenni-Lenape. Adopted by the great warrior Cuyloga and renamed True Son, he has spent 11 years living and thinking of himself as fully Indian. But when the tribe signs a treaty that requires them to return their white captives, 15-year-old True Son is returned against his will to the family he had long forgotten, and to a life that he longer understands or desires. Despairing and defiant, he manages a dangerous escape only to find himself painfully unsure of where he belongs. Beautifully written, sensitively told, and emotionally compelling, The Light in the Forest is an American classic that has sold more than one million copies in the last ten years in paperback.
- Author BiographyConrad Richter was born in 1890 and died in 1968. He wrote more than 10 novels and won both the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award.
- Author(s)Conrad Richter
- Date of Publication06/10/2005
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleEveryman's Library Children's Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Content Note31 b/w
- Weight356 g
- Width161 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.