All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionI am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall t walk in darkness, but have the light of life. John 8:12If there is one truth that leaps out at us from the pages of Scripture at Christmas, it is this: Jesus came to be the Light of the world! Light came into this dark world when Jesus was born in Bethlehem.Christmas is about light! We love to sing the Christmas carol, Silent Night. But this great hymn is t about night or darkness. It's about the Light. The third stanza of Silent Night says, Son of God, love's pure light. Radiant beams from Thy holy face, with the dawn of redeeming grace. We sing ather Christmas carol, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing. The last stanza invites us to Hail the heaven-born Prince of Peace! Hail the Son of righteousness! Light and life to all He brings, risen with healing in His wings. We sing at Christmas because we have something to sing about! Light has come into the world, and we don't ever need to walk in darkness again!Are you walking in spiritual darkness today? Recognize that you are a sinner, that you can do thing to save yourself, and ask Jesus, the Light of the World, to come and be Lord and Savior of your life. The good news is that if you look to Him, He will shine His light into your heart! The Babe of Bethlehem is the Light of the world. He will remove your spiritual darkness with the glory of His wonderful presence if you will only ask Him.Pray something like this: Dear God, I kw I am a sinner and desperately in need of Your forgiveness of my sins. I need the light of Your love to shine through my spiritual darkness. I understand that I can only receive this forgiveness through the Babe of Bethlehem, your Son, Jesus Christ, who died for my sins and rose from the dead that I might spend all of eternity with You in heaven. Right w I ask Jesus into my life to be my Savior and Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.About the PaintingThomas Kinkade, the Painter of Light, is a committed Christian and uses his art to point to the Author of Light-Jesus Christ.In his painting Stonehearth Hutch Kinkade uses the familiar symbols of wreath and tree to herald the coming of Christmas Day.He also uses other symbols to express the spirit of the season. The lone, rough-hewn stone cottage represents the rock of faith. Outside there is only the solitude of the woods-with carriage track or footprint to hint at human comfort. But inside is a golden light, suggesting the hope of Christmas. The odd little path, winding and slippery, leads to the cottage door.Kinkade's prayer is that Stonehearth Hutch will communicate to many, in a language as universal as Christmas wreaths, yet as deeply as faith. Art: Stonehearth Hutch (c) Thomas Kinkade, Media Arts Group, Inc., San Jose, CA. For more information about the artist call 1-800-366-3733. Text adapted from the book Family Christmas Treasury by Adrian Rogers (c) 1997 by Crossway Books.
- Author BiographyThe late Adrian Rogers was the pastor of the 27,000-member Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis. He served three times as President of the Southern Baptist Convention and wrote many books. He also reached many people through his television and radio ministry, Love Worth Finding.
- Author(s)Dr Adrian Rogers
- PublisherGood News Publishers
- Date of Publication31/10/1997
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleProclaiming the Gospel
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood News Publishers
- Weight91 g
- Width89 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statement25 Pamphlets
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.