Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.90 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElderly and in poor health, Mary has lived in Hobart a long time. But when a letter is delivered to her house by someone she hoped never to see again, she kws she must return to Bruny Island to live out her last days with only her regrets and memories for company. Years before, her husband was the lighthouse keeper on Bruny and she raised her family on the windswept island, until terrible circumstances forced them back to civilisation. Now, the secret that has haunted her for decades threatens to break free and she is desperate to banish it before her time is up. But secrets have a life of their own and, as Mary relives the events of her life, she realises her power over the future may be limited. Back in Hobart, Mary's adult children are respectively outraged, n-committal and sympathetic about her escape from their care. But amount of coaxing will shake her resolve. Her youngest son Tom loves Bruny, and can understand her connection to that wild island, a place of solitude, healing and redemption for them both. As Mary's secret threatens to tear her apart, both she and Tom must face their pasts in ways they couldn't even begin to imagine. Mary finds that the script she's written to the end of her life has taken a few twists of its own. The Lightkeeper's Wife is a moving story of love, loss and family, and what we have to do to live the best kind of life.
- Author BiographyKaren Viggers was born in Melbourne, Australia, and grew up in the Dandenong Ranges riding horses and writing stories. She studied Veterinary Science at Melbourne University, and then worked in mixed animal practice for seven years before completing a PhD at the Australian National University, Canberra, in wildlife health. Since then she has worked on a wide range of Australian native animals in many different natural environments, including Antarctica. She lives in Canberra with her husband (an ecologist also passionate about wildlife) and two children. As well as writing, she works part-time in a veterinary practice and provides veterinary support for biologists studying native animals. Visit www.karenviggers.com
- PrizesWinner of Prix Litteraire: Les Petits Mots des Libraires - Discovery Novel Category 2016.
- Author(s)Karen Viggers
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight363 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.