All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarcia Duncan, a young girl with learning difficulties, lives with her alcoholic mother in a small terrace house on a rundown council estate, manages to survive her n eventful life with a mixture of hilarity, igrance and naivety. The only solace and comfort she has outside of her own little world is her best friend Molly, who, despite t being the idol Marcia perceives, takes her under her wing, protecting and guiding her through the highs and lows of growing up, moving forward from childlike activities in the park to the likes of disco's, alcohol and fashion. The day that Marcia was dragged by her mother to the doctors to find out that she was seven months pregnant changed her life forever. She genuinely had idea how it happened, and after Molly explains the gory details, and Lily constantly bombards her with questions, the hunt for the father begins. The consequent birth of her daughter is a blessing in disguise, giving her motivation for life, bringing family bonds to the surface and eventually a level of independence and self-worth. However the journey is far from smooth, and the frequent times when Marcia's clumsiness and accident prone comical antics, hamper any kind of progress do t help in the least.
- Author BiographyLynn Cavendish was born in Bristol in 1956. Having a normal, loving stable childhood, she emerged from comprehensive education with no confidence, a multitude of o levels and CSE's and had no idea what to do with them. Consequently Lynn was directed by the 'career's officer into banking and finance because she passed her 'business practice exam'. After her own children were born, she changed careers and became a support worker for children with special educational needs and worked for thirteen years in a school with a mixed intake of children from various backgrounds. Here she realised her potential and as well as teaching, developed her creative skills and enabled her to compose poems, songs, assembly presentations and even choreographed the odd dance. Her humorous outlook brought some joviality and fun into learning, although on occasions did not go down too well in the staff room! After recovering from an illness, she retired early, and concentrated in earnest on her writing. This is Lynn's first book.
- Author(s)Lynn Cavendish
- Publisheri2i Publishing
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprinti2i Publishing
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.78Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $10.85Trending at AU $16.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.