All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE NO. 1 LADIES DETECTIVE AGENCY - Book 13Fans around the world adore the best-selling No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series and its proprietor, Precious Ramotswe, Botswana s premier lady detective. In this charming series, Mma Ramotswe with help from her loyal associate, Grace Makutsi navigates her cases and her personal life with wisdom, good humor, and the occasional cup of tea. Alexander McCall Smith s beloved, bestselling No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series continues as Botswana s best and kindest detective finds her personal and professional lives have become entangled. Precious Ramotswe is very busy these days. The best apprentice at Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors is in trouble with the law and stuck with the worst lawyer in Gaborone. Grace Makutsi and Phuti Radiphuti are building the house of their dreams, but their builder is t completely on the up and up. Most shockingly, Mma Potokwane, the orphan farm s respected matron, has been dismissed from her post. Mma Ramotswe is t about to rest when her friends are mistreated. Helparrives from an unexpected visitor. He is ne other than the estimable Mr. Clovis Andersen, author ofThe Principles of Private Detection, the No. 1 Ladies prized manual. Together, Mma Ramotswe, Mma Makutsi, and their colleague help right injustices that occur even in their beloved Botswana, and in the process discover something new about being a good detective.
- Author BiographyAlexander McCall Smith is also the author of the Isabel Dalhousie series, the Portuguese Irregular Verbs series, the 44 Scotland Street series, and the Corduroy Mansions series. He is professor emeritus of medical law at the University of Edinburgh and has served with many national and international organizations concerned with bioethics. He was born in what is now known as Zimbabwe and taught law at the University of Botswana. He lives in Scotland.
- Author(s)Professor of Medical Law Alexander McCall Smith
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleNo. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight281 g
- Width131 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.