All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt began in 1913 with a glorious new highway that connected the bright lights of Broadway with the foggy shores of San Francisco. It was a magnificent and meandering road that enticed millions of newly motoring Americans to hop in their Model Ts and explore the fading frontier. It was the road of Gettysburg, Pretty Boy Floyd, Notre Dame, the Great Salt Lake, and the Gold Rush Trail. Once a symbol of limitless potential, it has undergone a miraculous revival. With hundreds of rare photographs, this ode to a bygone era guides us across the true spine of the country, exploring vintage diners, Art Deco buildings, and funky roadside attractions-all waiting to be discovered.
- Author BiographyMichael Wallis is the best-selling author of Route 66, Billy the Kid, Pretty Boy, and David Crockett. He hosts the PBS series American Roads. He voiced The Sheriff in the animated Pixar feature Cars. He lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Michael S. Williamson, a photographer for the Washington Post, won a Pulitzer Prize for And the Children After Them and another for his war photography in Kosovo.
- Author(s)Michael Wallis
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication05/12/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note300 four-color illustrations and photographs
- Weight1130 g
- Width267 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographer(s)Michael S. Williamson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.