All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA stunning, wordless version of one of Aesop's best-loved fables, from one of America's most acclaimed artists. In this Caldecott Medal-winning, wordless picture book, one of America's most acclaimed artists retells one of Aesop's best-loved fables. The fable is a favourite and familiar one: a mouse inadvertently disturbs a lion, who lets the mouse go ...and is later himself freed by the mouse from a poacher's trap. With art inspired by the Kenyan Serengeti, Jerry Pinkney's jaw-droppingly gorgeous interpretation is irresistible, its wealth of visual detail offering huge scope for the pages to be turned and the story retold over and over again.
- Author BiographyJerry Pinkney is one of today's best-loved children's book makers. Over his forty-year career as an illustrator, he has received five Caldecott Honors and won the Coretta Scott King Award five times, as well as being nominated for the prestigious international Hans Christian Andersen Award. He lives in New York with his wife, the author Gloria Jean Pinkney. Find him online at www.jerrypinkneystudio.com.
- Author(s)Jerry Pinkney
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight230 g
- Width282 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $9.36Trending at AU $12.48
- AU $11.59Trending at AU $12.58
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.52
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $19.22
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.49
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.