Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionAs the importance of literacy education grows, so does the role of literacy coaches. From working with struggling readers to implementing literacy programs within large groups of teachers, literacy coaches need more professional development. As an International Reading Association recommendation, literacy coaches need more professional development and opportunities of specialization and enhancement of their kwledge To combat the literacy coach's frustration over their responsibilities in the face of inconsistent job credentials, various experience levels, and lack of professional development, this book will provide the guidance and resources to support coaching and its multi-faceted demands. With tips and suggestions on how to maintain organization and focus within the early and elementary literacy programs, the book will address literacy for young children from the top down.
- Author BiographyBob Algozzine is a professor in the Department of Educational Leadership at the University of North Carolina and project codirector of the U.S. Department of Education-supported Behavior and Reading Improvement Center. With 25 years of research experience and extensive firsthand knowledge of teaching students classified as seriously emotionally disturbed, Algozzine is a uniquely qualified staff developer, conference speaker, and teacher of behavior management and effective teaching courses. He is active in special education practice as a partner and collaborator with professionals in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools in North Carolina and as an editor of several journals focused on special education. Algozzine has written more than 250 manuscripts on special education topics, including many books and textbooks on how to manage emotional and social behavior problems.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/10/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBob Algozzine,Brian T. Kissel,Maryann E. Mraz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.