Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionTwelve Anglicists (from France, America, Poland, and Romania) who met in Bucharest to debate Religion and Spirituality in Literature and the Arts at the ACED Conference in June 2015 join their voices in demonstrating the vitally spiritual power of Christianity in the recently modern world (in twentieth and twenty-first century literature and society). Poetry (by Eliot, Yeats, Heaney, David Jones, Hill, G.M. Brown) and fiction (Henry James, Lodge, Evelyn Waugh, Flannery O'Conr, Rose Macaulay and Ron Hansen), interpreted with (Thomist and more recent) theology (J.H. Newman's, Paul Tillich's, Hans Urs von Balthasar's, De Certeau's) and philosophy (from Plato to Gadamer) in mind, give heartening suggestions for transcending, along Catholic, Anglican, and Orthodox lines, the modern secular ethos.
- Author BiographyIoana Zirra teaches Victorian and twentieth-century modernity and postmodernity in the English and Irish literary canon at the University of Bucharest. Madeline Potter is carrying out research at the British Cultural Studies Centre, University of Bucharest.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication16/12/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleDis/Continuities
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byIoana Zirra,Madeline Potter
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.