Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe quantity of journalism produced during World War I was unlike anything the then-budding mass media had ever seen. Correspondents at the front were dispatching volumius reports on a daily basis, and though much of it was subject to censorship, it all eventually became available. It remains the most extraordinary firsthand look at the war that we have. Published immediately after the cessation of hostilities and compiled from those original journalistic sources-American, British, French, German, and others-this is an astonishing contemporary perspective on the Great War. This replica of the first 1919 edition includes all the original maps, photos, and illustrations, lending an even greater immediacy to readers a century later. Volume II covers August 1914 through July 1915 on the Western Front, from the German advance on Paris to the first use of aeroplanes and zeppelins. American journalist and historian FRANCIS WHITING HALSEY (1851-1919) was literary editor of The New York Times from 1892 through 1896. He wrote and lectured extensively on history; his works include, as editor, the two-volume Great Epochs in American History Described by Famous Writers, From Columbus to Roosevelt (1912), and, as writer, the 10-volume Seeing Europe with Famous Authors (1914).
- Author BiographyLeslie Bow is Professor of English and Asian American Studies at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. She is author of Betrayal and Other Acts of Subversion.
- Author(s)Francis W Halsey,Leslie Bow
- PublisherCosimo Classics
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCosimo Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.