All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionFrom daunting to doable in six steps The process of literature search and composing a formal literature review can be intimidating. But masters and doctoral candidates in Education and related fields have found academic argumentation to be seamlessly intuitive with the six-step process pioneered by this book. This updated third edition features a wealth of all-new content including: * A flowchart that graphically illustrates Machi and McEvoy's process. * Reflective Oversight boxes in each chapter, prompting readers to direct metacognitive activities. * Links to online guides and resources. * Expanded examples illustrating theoretical concepts.
- Author BiographyLawrence A. Machi is a Professor Emeritus of Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne, in La Verne, California. He holds an MA in curriculum development and an Ed.D. in organizational leadership. He has taught research methods and design, and has chaired doctoral dissertation research in addition to teaching classes in organizational development. He has extensive experience in higher education, and prior to his tenure at La Verne, he taught in schools of education at the University of San Francisco, St. Mary's College of California, and Sonoma State University. Dr. Machi currently serves as a Fulbright Specialist, having recently completed an assignment in Taiwan. With K-12 experience as well, he has worked as a secondary teacher and served as a school administrator in both secondary and elementary school districts in Northern California. He has occupied the roles of vice principal, principal, assistant superintendent, and superintendent, frequently consulting with many California school districts and nonprofit organizations. His specialties are in the areas of organizational leadership, finance, negotiations, organizational development, and strategic thinking. Brenda T. McEvoy taught high school English, history, and science for thirty-six years. Research skills were always part of her curriculum. For eight years, she worked for the California State Department of Education leading groups of educators in improving their ability to edit and assess student writing. Also for the state, she was a mentor for beginning English and history teachers. Participation in the California Writing Project extended her knowledge of writing and the difficulties students face when producing a major assignment. She has worked as an editor for several books, focusing on helping writers create work that is clear and logical.
- Author(s)Brenda T. McEvoy,Larry A. Machi
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.