All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- DescriptionA waste site near Ruthie Bergstrom's house was recently treated with a new process using genetically engineered microbes, and suddenly Ruthie develops a mysterious neurological illness. By chance, she meets a passionate young lawyer at a neighborhood church supper. He feels obligated to find justice for his new struggling client and in the process takes on the largest law firm in Minnesota. How far will Dillon Love go for his client if the end result of his lawsuit is to destroy the brilliant university professor who has dedicated his entire life to improving the environment? How far will Henry Holten go to defeat the graceful woman whose family and financial future is dependent upon the success of her court case? The Litigators is a riveting page-turner, which asks if there can be any justice for either party without infliction of a great injustice on the other. This winner-takes-all legal battle brings together three tenacious lawyers and their highly worthy clients in a way that forever changes all of their lives.
- Author BiographyLindsay G. Arthur, Jr., is a well-known lawyer who has tried over 150 cases during his 35-year career. His clients have sent him throughout the United States to represent them in a wide variety of matters, particularly products liability lawsuits. He is also an entrepreneur. In 1974 he founded his current law firm, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak, & Pikala, a highly regarded litigation firm in Minneapolis. In 1985 he founded a biotech company that used genetic engineering to develop microorganisms the company used to degrade toxic waste. Arthur has lectured and published extensively on a variety of legal topics. While The Litigators is his first novel, he has fully lived the plot it unravels, a challenging products liability case involving genetically engineered organisms. The Litigators is prompted by his love for the law, whose greatest virtue is, paradoxically, its willingness to tolerate strident criticism. In that spirit, Arthur speaks here as an entrenched insider with a bold critique of a judicial system that displays a myopic lack of human understandings by lawyers who are naively focused on victory at all costs rather than addressing the real human problems of their clients. Arthur is also a keen sportsman and lover of the outdoors. He plays a mean game of tennis and likes to spend as much time as possible paddling through Minnesota's beautiful Boundary Waters Canoe Area. He is married with two sons and resides in the Minneapolis area. His father, to whom this book is dedicated, and with whom the author proudly shares a common name, is a retired judge and an inspired writer.
- Author(s)Lindsay G. Arthur
- PublisherMighty Media Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarletta Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.