All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull of observations natives will appreciate, but also the ideal souvenir for tourists, this book is designed with vintage art and packed with literary excerpts, poems, facts, songs, quotes, legends, and recipes celebrating the Golden State. Literary Excerpts for authors such as Joan Didion, Jack London, John Steinbeck, and Amy Tan. Poems by the likes of Robert Hass, John Muir, and Walt Whitman. Fact Spreads including Famous Californians, Moments in History, Earthquakes, and Surf's Up. Song Lyrics including I Left My Heart in San Francisco, California Girls, and San Andreas Fault. Legends and Lore of everything you ever wanted to kw about California, including the building of San Francisco's bridges, the Gold Rush, the Water Wars, and Hollywood. Recipes for California uveau classics like BBQ Chicken Pizza, California Rolls, and Chinese Chicken Salad join more traditional fare such as Crab Louis and Fish Tacos. Vintage Americana postcard and paper ephemera that illustrates eras of time gone by.
- Author BiographyNatasha Tabori Fried is Managing Editor of Welcome Enterprises. She has co-edited The Little Big Book of Chills and Thrills, The Little Big Book of America, and The Little Big Book of New York for Welcome Books. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Natasha Taborifried
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleLittle Big Book
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWelcome Enterprises, Inc
- Content Note150 colour and line illustrations
- Weight844 g
- Width165 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine42 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.