Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.10+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionA prequel to our best-selling Little Big Book for Moms! The 12th title in the Little Big Book series, The Little Big Book of Pregnancy is destined to become a classic literary companion for any expectant mom. Filled with the best fiction, poetry, and essays on the subject of birth and pregnancy, this heartwarming anthology is also peppered with fascinating customs and rituals from around the world, time-hored home remedies, delightful old wives' tales, nutritious recipes, and wonderful crafts and activities. The turn of each page brings something interesting and entertaining to read, to do, or to learn. Illustrated throughout with the same period art and ephemera that has become the signature of this series, the imagery is both charming and elegant. A visual and editorial feast, The Little Big Book of Pregnancy is simply the perfect gift for any mom to-be. Featuring: 8 literary excerpts and short stories, including The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck, Delusions of Granma by Carrie Fisher, and The Diary of Adam and Eve by Mark Twain. 12 essays by such table writers as Naomi Wolf, Louise Erdrich, and Hope Edelman. 12 poems by, among others, Sylvia Plath, Walt Whitman, Erica Jong, and Joyce Carol Oates. Home remedies for seven typical pregnancy complaints, including stretch marks, morning sickness, body aches, and heartburn. More than 50 traditions from around the world covering birth, naming, labor, and pregnancy. More than 50 traditions from around the world covering birth, naming, labor, and pregnancy. More than 50 old wives tales, including how to tell if it's a boy or a girl, what to do for a smooth delivery, and how to kw if you're having twins! 16 recipes for urishing treats such as Energizing Drinks, Super Sandwiches, Delicious Snacks, and Satisfying Salads. 16 activities, such as writing letters to your unborn child, painting a cloud ceiling in the nursery, and relaxing with daily meditations. 6 categories of Fun Facts, including popular baby names from around the world, a month-by-onth guide to your baby's fetal development, and statustics about babies, birth, and pregnancy. More than a dozen quotes concerning birth, pregnancy and becoming a parent, by celebrities, writers, and table personalities such as William Blake, Alistair Cooke, Colette, Robin Williams, and Erma Bombeck.
- Author BiographyKatrina Fried is a Project Editor at Welcome Enterprises, Inc. She has edited and written numerous books, including The Wedding Planner (Stewart, Tabori & Chang), For Love of Angels (Andrews McMeel), and The Little Big Book of Animals (Welcome Books). Lena Tabori is Publisher, Director and Founder of Welcome Enterprises, Inc., a publishing and packaging company based in New York and San Francisco. She has spent her professional life in publishing, beginning at Harry N. Abrams in 1967, which she later left to create Welcome and to co-found Stewart, Tabori & Chang. She has conceived and edited A Day In The Life Of Hollywood (Collins), Kisses (Turner), Our Christmas Book (Simon & Schuster), The Norman Rockwell Counting Book (Crown), Love: A Celebration in Art and Literature (with Jane Lahr for STC), The Little Big Book of Love (with Natasha Tabori Fried for William Morrow), The Little Big Book of Christmas (William Morrow), and The Little Big Book for Moms (with Alice Wong for Welcome Books), among her many projects.
- Author(s)Katrina Fried
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleLittle Big Book
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWelcome Enterprises, Inc
- Content Note150 colour and line illustrations
- Weight867 g
- Width165 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.