All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Little Book of Glasgow is a funny, fast-paced, fact-packed compendium of the sort of frivolous, fantastic or simply strange information which -one will want to be without. Here we find out about the most unusual crimes and punishments, eccentric inhabitants, famous sons and daughters and literally hundreds of wacky facts. Geoff Holder's new book gathers together a myriad of data on Glasgow. There are lots of factual chapters but also plenty of frivolous details which will amuse and surprise. A reference book and a quirky guide, this can be dipped in to time and time again to reveal something you never knew. Discover why two archbishops had a fight on the steps of the cathedral, find directions to an Egyptian pharaoh and a Native American chief, and learn where you can find half-a-dozen Tardises. A remarkably engaging little book, this is essential reading for visitors and locals alike.
- Author BiographyGeoff Holder is a full-time writer covering such subjects as walking, natural history, archaeology, music, and art. He is the author of a number of titles, including The Guide to Mysterious Glasgow, Scottish Bodysnatchers, and 101 Things to do with a Stone Circle.
- Author(s)Geoff Holder
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.