All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGross and fine motor skills are a prerequisite for writing and without developing these skills effectively, learning how to write can be a near impossible task. This book is aimed at all those working within Early Years settings, who wish to develop children's motor skills. With the expansion of techlogy, the demands of busy lives and the increase in stranger danger, children's upbringing is very different today. Children are t experiencing the daily activities that help to develop core stability, balance and physical strength. As a teacher within the EYFS, Ruth ticed the increasing number of children entering her setting with physical developmental delay and has written this book to provide practitioners with some simple but effective activities to help develop gross motor skills.
- Author BiographyRuth was born and raised in Leicester and am 1 of 6 children. She trained to be a teacher in Birmingham and qualified as a teacher in 2002 and went into supply teaching. Currently she works as a Foundation Stage Coordinator at Woodland Grange in Oadby and have been there for nearly 7 years. She wrote her first book in 2005 (The Little Book of Tuff Spot) and then her second book was published a few years later (Exciting ways to take a story book outside). She has delivered training for Leicestershire teachers following the success of her books. In 2010 she passed her Advanced Skills Teacher assessment and now supports other schools throughout Leicestershire, predominantly in the Foundation Stage and Year One. For the last year she has been part of a project to develop children's gross motor skills which has culminated in the production of a DVD. This DVD is being used by NHS health workers and is also being distributed to every new mother in Leicestershire. She is very passionate about what she does. She loves her job and she also loves helping others to achieve their potential, whether it be a teacher or pupil.
- Author(s)Ruth Ludlow
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitleLittle Books
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 78
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Content Noteline drawings
- Weight118 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.