All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe Little Book of Guesses takes place in a 21st-century world where we've accustomed ourselves to our customized dogs and honed the idea of ideas there in the obstacle race / that'll never catch up. But while it's a world we're t unfamiliar with- in the New Age tourism is the answer -Gallaher's turn of speech is at once unique and exact, making the familiar strange and the strange familiar. Serving as our escort through scenes including The War President's Afteron Tea and A Moment in the Market of Moments, Gallaher offers us several guidebooks: to the Afterlife, to When Things Were Better, and a Pocket Guide to Some Foreign Country. Even as these poems guess, they are confident in the form and lyricism. Abundant with comedy, they contain more than a dose of irony and cynicism, and still find room for the quiet anger of frustration, of kwing that what seems most surreal about this world often turns out to be reality itself.
- Author BiographyJohn Gallaher is the author of Gentlemen in Turbans, Ladies in Cauls and co-editor of The Laurel Review. His poetry has recently been published in Boston Review, Colorado Review, Crazyhorse, Field, jubilat, The Journal, and Ploughshares. He holds graduate degrees from Texas State University and Ohio University and lives in rural Missouri.
- Author(s)John Gallaher
- PublisherFour Way Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFour Way Books
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.