All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe new 2013 edition of the bestselling reference guide to identifying Mexican silver. The new 3rd edition is compact, but loaded with images and graphics of over 1,500 marks of silver makers, designers, manufacturers and silver houses in Taxco and throughout Mexico. Eagle numbers from 1 through eagle 219. The book includes all the great ones, including William Spratling, Hector Aguilar, Los Castillo, Antonio Pineda, Sigi, Maricela, Salvador, Valentin Vidaurreta, Victoria, Fred Davis, Artemio Navarrete, Emma Melendez, Bernice Goodspeed, Maciel, Matl, Tane, Hubert Harmon, Chato, Margot and many, many others. The book is fully cross-referenced and indexed for quick and handy searches. Nowhere else are so many of the hallmarks, both kwn and unkwn, brought together in one easy-to-use volume (Modern Silver Magazine). The 2001 and 2006 editions (both w out-of-print) were reprinted many times to meet demand. This new 3rd edition reveals identities of more mystery marks, includes examples of marks t previously published, and features a new and improved format. Special sections describing fake marks are included for prominent designers! This is a must have for collectors, dealers, appraisers and fans of Mexican sterling silver jewelry and silver crafts.
- Author BiographyBille Hougart was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, and grew up in the Washington, DC area. His professional career in national science policy included service in the Legislative and Executive branches, as well as the private sector. His reference books are considered indispensible resources by collectors and fans of silver jewelry and silver objects. His education and career in science instilled the curiosity and discipline necessary to write hallmark reference books. As one reader noted about the 2006 edition of The Little Book of Mexican Silver Trade and Hallmarks.. ... I can't imagine the time that took to research the material. This book is a MUST! His latest book, Native American and Southwestern Silver Hallmarks is portable, comprehensive, user friendly, fully cross-referenced and indexed. It includes over 3,400 entries, plus thousands of photographs and hand-drawn images and symbols dedicated to helping users identify who made their silver treasure from the American Southwest. Published in 2014, after more than eight years of research, the book is destined to become the go-to book in its field. Bille's research is impeccable (Marbeth Schon, owner, Modern Silver Magazine) Excellent resource book for both beginners like myself and those who have been collecting longer. Years of research compiled for us in one place presented in an easy search format. The book is as important for Southwestern Silver fans as his book on Mexican hallmarks is to those of us who collect vintage Mexican silver.
- Author(s)MR Bille Hougart
- PublisherT B R International, Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintT B R International, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.