All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.15
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionMornington Crescent is a game whose rules and history are shrouded in myth and legend. Games can last as long as a few minutes and the best rival chess in their intellectual dexterity, poker in their subtlety and cunning and Ker-Plunk! in their ability to turn youth and age into one harmonious sort of thing. This book is a history of the game and a study of the great players who have graced the game over nearly a century. It includes testimony from today's great exponents and hints from the professionals on how to play the game more effectively. I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue is the most listened-to comedy programme on British radio, an institution with regular panellists Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden, Barry Cryer and until 1996 Willie Rushton, being given silly things to do by jazz supremo Humphrey Lyttelton - and it is the only BBC radio show other than the Proms that can charge for admission!
- Author BiographyTim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden, Barry Cryer, Willie Rushton, Humphrey Lyttelton. Barry Cryer's writing credits include material for Morecambe and Wise, Tommy Cooper, Les Dawson, Bruce Forsyth, Rory Bremner and Jasper Carrott, to name but a few. As if this was not enough, he has also collaboratively penned series like Hello Cheeky! and appears regularly on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, and Just a Minute. He delighted audience with his one-man show The First Farewell Tour. He was made an OBE for services to comedy in 2001. Doctor Graeme's Aberdonian roots are dyed a pleasing flesh colour. In 1968, while waiting in a queue for treatment at King's College Hospital, London, Graeme carelessly qualified as a doctor. Fame eluded him with The Goodies and the original idea for I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue was Graeme's, but he generously refuses to take all the blame.
- Author(s)Barry Cryer,Graeme Garden,Tim Brooke-Taylor
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication06/09/2001
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date14/01/2010
- Content Noteb&w photographs
- Weight80 g
- Width108 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.