All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Little Book of Oxfordshire is a funny, fast-paced, fact-packed compendium of the sort of frivolous, fantastic or simply strange information which one will want to be without. Here we find out about the most unusual crimes and punishments, eccentric inhabitants, famous sons and daughters and literally hundreds of wacky facts (plus some authentically bizarre bits of historic trivia). Combining essential facts with little-kwn, weird and often hilarious trivia, it is an essential purchase for all lovers of the county. Colourful characters and the general mayhem of Oxford history flow through the pages like the iconic Thames, Isis and Cherwell rivers. Dip in and celebrate.
- Author BiographyPAUL SULLIVAN is a full-time writer who lives in Oxford. A specialist in folklore with many books to his name, he also researched, wrote and presented a weekly festivals and customs guide for BBC Radio 5 in the 1990s. Moving to Oxford, he worked part-time in The Museum of Oxford in order to absorb the history of the area, reading widely, studying the museum's collection and visiting as many of the city's celebrated sites and events as possible. When time allows, he moonlights as a semi-professional folk singer.
- Author(s)Paul Sullivan
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note50
- Weight295 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.